so which will it be?

Luxtopia is always over the horizon; let us set sail.

Which will it be?

get third in a suicide
0
No votes
suicide, then hope the others won't kill you
0
No votes
play for second
3
30%
nondescript move, do try to explain in the forums
6
60%
Pray they land lock themselves
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 pm

when clearly if they weren't so doped up they'd be all over summat euchre shit

User avatar
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Tyrant
Semiholy Tyrant
Posts: 9805
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Perched Upon the Eternal Throne of Lobotomia
Contact:

Postby paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Why are you in an asylum, dolla?!

:shock:

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:32 pm

It's like religion. You don't have to believe in it, you are not forced to go to church, to pray etc. But, you should respect the fact that some people believe in it. Whether or not you agree with Biodeux is your opinion, but you shouldn't judge those who do 'believe' in it.

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:33 pm

obsessive compulsive. i have to do everything three times

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm

(Although, paranoia and I did a nice job of breaking that "habbit")

User avatar
Kude
omni member
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: waiting in line for luxtober §

Postby Kude » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm

I respect the position of most popular, but not what occupies it. Like Obama. I respect the position of President, but I would have to stab myself before I respected or even liked him. That's where I will need those sharp objects para...

User avatar
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Tyrant
Semiholy Tyrant
Posts: 9805
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Perched Upon the Eternal Throne of Lobotomia
Contact:

Postby paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 pm

For the record: Those of us who've lurked Lux since 2006 or earlier needn't respect biodeux.

(Sometimes, propriety must go fuck itself.)

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Rhye wrote:you should respect the fact that some people believe in it.


maybe instead of that you should just stop conflating my comments about the map with what i think about its players

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Using my original comparison then..... you'd be saying that...

You do not respect or recognize Islam as a religion because you are a Jew and your religion came before Islam. While it is officially your choice whether or not you respect something, I think that Biodeux is worthy of respect. It never wronged you or I (fatally), and I respect it as an online map, and a popular one as well.

In any event, respecting biodeux itself is not the main point of my arguement, I'm simply saying that the players who play biodeux should be treated the same as those who don't, and biodeux players shouldn't have to hear all of that negativity about the map that they enjoy the most, if the criticism is not constructive.

User avatar
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Tyrant
Semiholy Tyrant
Posts: 9805
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Perched Upon the Eternal Throne of Lobotomia
Contact:

Postby paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 pm

∞ paranoiarodeo deducts twenty points from Rhye for nuking the fridge ∞

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 pm

okay...map preference is in no way analogous to belief systems. i really don't think i need to explain why.

they shouldn't have to suffer the hardship of listening to criticism about their map of choice? seriously?

how 'bout you focus less on the rightness of me conveying my opinions and more on getting your obviously fuddled ones in order.

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Dollabillz wrote:not to mention, who's gonna passionately defend bio anyway? it's called the ghetto for a reason.

beginning with you entering a bio room

but holy fuck what a boring map



You've basically called Bio boring, stupid, and pointless..... and your comments relate specifically to the bio-players when you say:

Dollabillz wrote:beginning with you entering a bio room


You're calling out 'you', the players themselves, when they enter a bio-room they are entering to play a boring, stupid map..... and I personally think that that it calling them foolish for playing such a map.

But in any event, let's end this pointless discussion, since it is getting us nowhere. Bio-players may not feel as I do, so.... well.... I don't know. Let us just end this, hm.

Edit: In response to your previous comment-

You haven't made a post yet where you haven't insulted Biodeux (or me).... I'm simply saying that such posts are unneccassary, that's all.
Last edited by Rhye on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Tyrant
Semiholy Tyrant
Posts: 9805
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Perched Upon the Eternal Throne of Lobotomia
Contact:

Postby paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm

(Boring.)

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 pm

i don't hate bio players cause they play bio, it's because they hate jesus.

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:53 pm

dollabillz wrote:i don't hate bio players cause they play bio, it's because they hate jesus.

:roll:

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 pm

/me demands more civility

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 pm

I wasn't comparing Map choice to Religion in importance......

I was comparing them because both have (the basic idea that):

One can choose which religion or map he/she wishes to follow/play. I never said that deciding which map you like to play is equal to which religion you follow on importance in life, don't put words into my mouth... you notice that you've never quoted me........

Don't try and prove your point by mixing around what I say and exaggerating my supporting evidence.

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:12 pm

i'm really not scheming to undermine you. it just so happens the basis of what you're calling an argument is dumb.

people don't choose their religion the way they choose lux maps. (isn't that just excruciatingly obvious?) i wasn't born into a RomeII tradition with a crazy aunt with part deux ideas that my parents tried to shield me from.

the analogy just makes no sense.

my Go Fish one was way better.

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:16 pm

without all the backflipping you're doing with allah or whatever the hell, your point reads: "don't say mean things about the map that people play because it's mean"

i'll take that under advisement i guess?

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Firstly, religion can be chosen, it is not always hereditary.

Secondly, I'm saying that criticism that is not constructive is pointless. What's the point of complaining about Biodeux if you are not trying to do anything about it?

If you want to say something that is bad about Biodeux, and suggest ways to go about improving it, that's fine, but your previous comments were no such thing.

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 pm

i would be a jew during passover, but not on saturdays. no oven? what the fuck.

anyway, let me bring you up to speed: talking shit about bio is pretty much par for the course around here, has been for a while, will continue to be, and rightly so.

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 pm

and my only suggestion for biodeux is for people to stop playing it.

User avatar
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Tyrant
Semiholy Tyrant
Posts: 9805
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Perched Upon the Eternal Throne of Lobotomia
Contact:

Postby paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:25 pm

∞ paranoiarodeo interrupts dolla's usual triple post ∞

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 pm

i was gonna say something about motzah balls being awesome

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

the hats are kind of a dealbreaker though

User avatar
PJB
Lux Capo
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby PJB » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm

FU$K Bio Deux Extreme!!

no explanation needed...

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm

dollabillz wrote:and rightly so.


I'm just saying that it isn't really justified, and that Biodeux should not be looked down upon. And if you believe differently, fine. If you think that Biodeux players should play something else, fine. You don't have to bring it up in every post, you know :?

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Postby dollabillz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm

it's justified for a huge number of reasons, actually.

couldn't we have saved all this if you had just said "shut up dolla" like two pages ago?

User avatar
Rhye
Lux Crooner
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: From Here to Eternity
Contact:

Postby Rhye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Eh... I'm not like that. I like to hear everyone's opinions, regardless of the fact that I may not agree with them, or I may argue with them.

User avatar
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Tyrant
Semiholy Tyrant
Posts: 9805
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Perched Upon the Eternal Throne of Lobotomia
Contact:

Postby paranoiarodeo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:59 pm

You two are almost as awful as Engie and KOC fighting over Stelee.

(I wish such game chat could be unseen.)


Return to “Main Deck”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests